We are always looking for experienced, reliable and suitably qualified housekeepers and mothercarers to join our team.
Supporting our talented helpers is integral to GYO, which is why we work hard to ensure we provide excellent working conditions. Please note that we require housekeepers who can, at a minimum, undertake the following:
- Light & heavy cleaning
- Tidy up & sorting
- Sort, wash, fold and iron laundry
- Change linen
To be employed by GYO we need the following commitments from our helpers. At a minimum they need to have:
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Ability to work at some point during Business or school hours 8am – 6pm
- Verifiable references
- A cheerful, can do attitude
GYO has a four stage hiring process. In order to move on to the next stage, you must meet the requirements for the stage you are in. Each initial step only takes a few minutes to complete.
1. Stage one – Initial application
You can apply with GYO via our ads on Gumtree, Seek, or through the link on our website. The initial application form is automated and should take you about 5 minutes to complete. Your application will be automatically submitted to GYO once you have finished the form. It will then be assessed for suitability.
Please note, calling or emailing the office directly will not increase your chances of being hired, please let us call you if we have questions about your application.
2. Stage Two - Online Interview
The Online Interview is another automated form that consists of a series of short answer questions. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. You will be emailed the link to the form if your application has been selected for advancement. Please make sure to attach your resume to this form. You will also be required to list two references, please have those ready.
This form is essential to the hiring process and must be completed in order to advance to an In Person Interview.
3. Stage Three – Phone Interview
The Phone Interview consists of a short phone call from our hiring manager. You will be asked about your experience, availability, and other job related questions. This usually takes about 5 – 10 minutes. Once we have spoken with you, we may extend an invitation to an In Person Interview.
Some Helpful Hints
If you are expecting a call from a potential employer make sure that you have arranged the following:
- Keep your phone on you and available
- Make sure you have a polite voice message on your phone
- Always return calls promptly from a quiet place
- Take the time to excuse yourself from noisy areas before proceeding with a phone interview.
4. Stage Four – In Person Interview
We interview in North Ryde, we acknowledge that it may be a long trip for some applicants, but applicants will only have to make the trip once. Attendance at an In Person Interview is mandatory if you would like to get a job with GYO.
Your In Person Interview is where you will meet with our hiring manager and talk about your experience and suitability for housekeeping or mothercare. It will take 20 – 30 minutes, interviews are scheduled at 30 minute intervals, so please be on time.
- 100 points of ID (i.e photo ID, Medicare Card and or a Passport)
- Copy of your resume
- Copy of your current Visa (if applicable)
- A copy of your current Police Check
Some Helpful Hints
We know that interviews are daunting. Follow these successful tips for a great interview:
- Wear interview appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Refrain from smoking immediately prior to an interview.
- Prepare some answers to general interview questions and practice them beforehand.
- Do not arrive too early (more than 15 minutes) and never arrive just on time. We are usually interviewing several candidates on the one day so arriving 15 minutes early will clash with earlier interviews.
- Take some time to read up about body language during an interview to ensure that you feel comfortable.
5. Stage 5 - Employment Offer
Following your in person interview you will be contacted either by phone or email about potential employment. Should your application be successful we will get started with the Hiring phase right away.
6. Stage 6 - Training and Development
Once your documentation has been processed you will be invited to complete our online training modules. If you require any further training we can arrange for in person development with one of our experienced helpers.