This study was just one room in a much larger, very complex organising job that we completed. The client and his wife were overwhelmed by the accumulated goods in their home. Many of the rooms in the home were difficult to walk through due to piles of clutter.
This study had accumulated all of the technology, electronic and paperwork clutter from the house. Much of it being out of date and superseded.
As the client was moving from Organising into long term, long house housekeeping help, I was looking for ways to reduce the clutter and to create some systems of order. Unfortunately, in this case, the client was largely not on hand to help with decision making. In these situations I must use my discretion and judgement about what needs to stay and go.
There were several processes involved in this study (this room required several sessions to complete):
- Sort paperwork into required/to be shredded piles before filing
- Remove all business related paperwork to be stored by client at his place of business
- Discard unused and out of date technology
- Create a filing system that could be easily followed
- Store long term momentos/memorabilia